ItÂ´s Friday and time for a new mix! We’re sticking to New York this week as well. DJ Morsy put together a funky set for your pleasure:
“Holla! Your about to peep a preview of my new mix “A Fun-Key Session Vol. 1” This is purely a funky ass mix done NYC style. My main goal was to expose ill tracks mainly from DC, BMore & Miami and blend them with crazy club bangers that people love here in New York City.
1) I started off with this record from Dynamo Productions that Fort Knox Five Remixed called Get it together. This had a sick intro and just went real nuts from there on.
2) Next I mixed another Fort Knox Five track (Blowing up the spot) that sounded crazy with Pitbull & Ying Yang’s (Shake). I called it Shakin’ up the spot” cause thats exactly what it’s been doing at my parties.
3) Another ill group is “All good funk alliance” which I decided to blend with Kelis’s (Milkshake Remix) Not to many people have heard her remix and I happend to have the acapella so I figured why not throw it in.
4) Nickodemus – Funky in the middle. I just loved the track without any vocals on it and I wanted people to focus on the Sax session instead.
5) M.I.A – 10 Dollar. Had to use this. It’s a big party banger.
6) Sean Paul – Straight up. (Kopa Riddem)
7&8) Missy Elliott – I’m Really Hot. I used her acapella on the Kopa Riddem as well as on Cybertron – Clear which is the original beat to her newest club banger (Loose Control) for those that didn’t know.
9) Pitbull – Toma on Missy’s (Loose Control). I made this blend a long time ago but figured it’s only right to throw it in.
10) Icons – Get Crunked up on Tone Loc’s (wild thing) Try this at a party and someones gonna go nuts if played at the right time.
11) De Falla – Popozuda Rock n’ Roll. (Shout out to all those Baile Funk lovers!!!)
12) 2 Live Crew – Me So Horny. Because Popozuda Rock n’ Roll’s hook is the same I decided to mix in the original.
13) Fanny Pack – Cameltoe. I don’t know where Fanny Pack is now but their whole album is sick.
14) Fort Knox Five – The Big Score (Ursula 1000 Vs. Dr. Luke Remix)
15) Yet another remix from Fort Knox Five they did on Dr. Rubberfunk’s – The Owner. (One of the hardest / funkiest tracks I have ever heard)
16) Last, Con Funk Shun – Chase Me. It was about that time to bring in the original upbeat funk tracks that inspired me to do this mix. The rest of the volume is going to include many more rare old skool tracks so if you like it this far, then feel free to contact me about getting the full length mixtape.
Big shout out to Discobelle for letting me be part of this ill way of international exposure. Check out my website: www.nanachill.com or email me: email@example.com for more info on what Nana Chill’s about. Enjoy the mix and let me know what you think.
1. Dynamo Productions – Get It Together (Fort Knox Five Remix)
2. Fort Knox Five Vs. Pitbull & Ying Yang Twins – Shakin’ up the spot (DJ Morsy)
3. All Good Funk Alliance Vs. Kelis – Swing the Milkshake South (DJ Morsy)
4. Nickodemus – Funky in the middle
5. M.I.A – 10 Dollar
6. Sean Paul – Straight Up
7. Missy Elliott – I’m Really Hot on Kopa Riddem (DJ Morsy)
8. Missy Elliott – I’m Really Hott on Cybertron – Clear (DJ Morsy)
9. Pitbull & Lil Jon Vs. Missy Elliott – Toma Control (DJ Morsy)
10. Icons Vs. Tone Loc – Crunked up Wild Thing (DJ Morsy)
11. De Falla – Popozuda Rock n’ Roll
12. 2 Live Crew – Me So Horny
13. Fanny Pack – Cameltoe
14. Fort Knox Five – The Big Score (Ursula 1000 Vs. Dr. Luke Remix)
15. Dr. Rubberfunk – The Owner (Fort Knox Five Remix)
16.Con Funk Shun – Chase Me
Download a-Fun-KeySession here!